A cookie is a text file that is stored on the device you are browsing when you visit a website. Usually it stores technical information, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The main goal is to adapt the web content to your profile and needs.
It is not a virus nor a trojan nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, neither pop-up window opens.
What information stores a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you such as credit card or bank account information, photos, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server will not associate you as a person, only your browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Microsoft Edge and try to browse the same webpage with Firefox or Chrome it will be displayed as if it was the first time you enter it.
What kind of cookies are there?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, knowing when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user or one registered browses. These constitute basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Personalization cookies: Allow the user to access the service with some general features previously predefined by the user, as might be the language, the type of browser through which he accesses the service, regional configuration through which he accesses the service, etc.
- Analytical cookies: They are responsible for tracking and analyzing the behavior of the users on the websites. The collected information is used for profiling user navigation in order to make improvements.
- Advertising cookies: Allow management, in the most efficient way, of advertising spaces, in case the editor has included them in the web page.
What are own cookies and third-party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and the third-party cookies are generated by external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Cookies used on this website
The most relevant cookies used in this website are detailed in order to inform you as accurately as possible.
The are necessary and serve to offer services or remember configurations to improve the user’s browsing experience, such as language selection.
- Cloudflare: Stores technical cookies (cfduid) that allows to show the content faster.
- Google Analytics: Stores analytical cookies (ga, gid, gad) to compile statistics on the volume of traffic and visitors of this website.
Links to our social networks are also included, with the buttons that we have incorporated for that purpose. These platforms install third party cookies to all their visitors, even if they are not registered users. Upper is not responsible for the content and veracity of the privacy policies of such platforms.
Disabling or removing of cookies
At any time you can exercise your right to disable or remove cookies from this website.
To understand the extent that may have disabling cookies some examples are listed below:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media.
- The website will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the staff area of that web, such as My Account.
- For an online store, you will be unable to make purchases online.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics and visitor traffic on the web, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not blogging, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
Not only can you remove them, but also block them, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove them you must go to your browser settings and there you can find those cookies associated with the domain and proceed with their removal. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: For more information here.
- Firefox: For more information here.
- Safari: For more information here.
- Microsoft Edge: For more information here.
- Opera: For more information here.
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to disable or remove them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.